Thursday, September 14, 2017

Cover Crush: All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders

Hello, my name is Colleen and I am a cover slut. I know, I know....you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover. I just can't help myself! A beautiful cover draws my eye every single time and I can't help but pick up the book it's dressing and see if the inside seems as intriguing as the outside. Sometimes it does, and sometimes a pretty cover is just a pretty cover. Either way, I love getting an eyeful!


One of my favorite bloggers, Erin at
Flashlight Commentary, created a weekly blog post called Cover Crush and she and some other blogger friends are sharing their favorite covers each Thursday. I've decided to join in this year and will link to their posts down below.


So, without further ado, my Cover Crush this week is.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ah, what a frenetically beautiful cover this is! There's so much chaos going on, with the birds flying around in every direction, partially covering up the wording so you almost get the feeling that they will cover everything soon. I love the way the lettering is so standard and uniform, which is such a great contrast to the wildness all around it. I also love how the center seems to glow faintly. To be honest I'm not sure what the novel is about, based on this cover, however I don't really care...I just keep staring at it!
 
The synopsis might give us more information to explain this frenzied cover....  
 
 
A novel about the end of the world--and the beginning of our future

Childhood friends Patricia Delfine and Laurence Armstead didn't expect to see each other again, after parting ways under mysterious circumstances during high school. After all, the development of magical powers and the invention of a two-second time machine could hardly fail to alarm one's peers and families.

But now they're both adults, living in the hipster mecca of San Francisco, and the planet is falling apart around them. Laurence is an engineering genius who's working with a group that aims to avert catastrophic breakdown through technological intervention into the changing global climate. Patricia is a graduate of Eltisley Maze, the hidden academy for the world's magically gifted, and works with a small band of other magicians to secretly repair the world's ever-growing ailments. Little do they realize that something bigger than either of them, something begun years ago in their youth, is determined to bring them together--to either save the world, or plunge it into a new dark ages.

A deeply magical, darkly funny examination of life, love, and the apocalypse.
 
 
Don't forget to check out what covers my blogger buddies are drooling over this week (updated as they become available):


Magdalena at A Bookaholic Swede
Meghan at Of Quills & Vellum
Erin at Flashlight Commentary
Heather at The Maiden's Court
Stephanie at Layered Pages
Holly at 2 Kids and Tired



Created by Magdalena of A Bookaholic Swede
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I am very attracted to books with bird on the cover or in the title! Just finished reading The Bird House by Kelly Simmons recently from my TBR shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how we get drawn to certain themes or details? I love bright or contrasting colors and lots of detail in my covers!

      Delete