Thursday, February 23, 2017

Cover Crush: Mister Memory by Marcus Sedgwick

Hello, my name is Colleen and I am a cover slut. I know, I know....you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover. I just can't help myself!  A beautiful cover draws my eye every single time and I can't help but pick up the book it's dressing and see if the inside seems as intriguing as the outside. Sometimes it does, and sometimes a pretty cover is just a pretty cover. Either way, I love getting an eyeful! 

One of my favorite bloggers, Erin at Flashlight Commentary, created a weekly blog post called Cover Crush and she and some other blogger friends are sharing their favorite covers each Thursday. I've decided to join in this year and will link to their posts down below.


So, without further ado, my Cover Crush this week is.....




This is not the sort of cover that tends to draw my eye, but I have to admit that I can't stop looking at this one! There's just so much to see! I love the skull at the top (that seems to be holding an acrobatic woman) and the brain at the bottom. There are guns and trains and cityscapes going around the border and what looks to be a city map of sorts in the body of the man in the center. To be honest I have no idea what is going on here, but it seems like a dream which I admit is intriguing. I feel like if I keep looking at this cover I'll just keep discovering new things to marvel at!

Let's see what the story is really about:


In Paris in the year 1899, Marcel Despres is arrested for the murder of his wife and transferred to the famous Salpetriere asylum. And there the story might have stopped. But the doctor assigned to his care soon realises this is no ordinary patient: Marcel Despres, Mister Memory, is a man who cannot forget. And the policeman assigned to his case soon realises that something else is at stake: for why else would the criminal have been hurried off to hospital, and why are his superiors so keen for the whole affair to be closed? This crime involves something bigger and stranger than a lovers' fight - something with links to the highest and lowest establishments in France. The policeman and the doctor between them must unravel the mystery...but the answers lie inside Marcel's head. And how can he tell what is significant when he remembers every detail of every moment of his entire life.


Don't forget to check out what covers my blogger buddies are drooling over this week:


Erin at Flashlight Commentary


Created by Magdalena of A Bookaholic Swede

No comments:

Post a Comment